At My Virtual Office, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and keeping your details secure. This means that we will protect the personal information ("Data") of all visitors who access our websites or services through any mobile application, platform or device (collectively, the "Site").
We wish to help you make informed decisions, so please take a few moments to read the sections below and learn how we may use your Data.
About My Virtual Office
My Virtual Office (hereinafter referred to as "My Virtual Office" "us" "we" or "our") is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable Data Protection and privacy laws. My Virtual Office is the "Data Controller" of all Data that is collected on the Site. My Virtual Office is registered in Ireland with registration number 502612 and registered offices at Unit 1, 77 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal Data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you. When you visit or use the Site in any way we may collect and process different types of information about you.
Personal Data is Data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. This may include:
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Payment details
- Information about your use of our website and App
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via, emails, phone, webchat and social media
This Data that you volunteer to us will be processed for the following purposes:
- To process payments and requests that you have made.
- To contact you in response to communications you might send us.
- To contact you from time to time via email or phone call in relation to the operation of your My Virtual Office account.
- To provide you with the information/service you have requested.
- To provide information relating to your My Virtual Office account.
- To securely share data with payment processors in order to validate payment transactions.
- To retain a record of these payments and amendments to your account.
- To communicate with you, where consent has been given. Please note that My Virtual Office will never share your details with any third parties for marketing purposes without clear consent and that you have the right to withdraw consent to direct marketing communications at any time.
- To send you email alerts and newsletters that you have opted-in to receive by filling in our online forms or contacting us by email or by other means.
This section outlines your rights as a Data Subject of My Virtual Office. However, your rights may be restricted under the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of criminal offences.
- Where it is necessary for the exercise or defence of a legal claim or proceedings.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request Information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding or using it.
- Request Access to your Data ("Data Subject Access Request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information ("Data") we hold about you and to confirm that we are processing it legitimately.
- Request Correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete Data we hold about you corrected.
- Request Erasure of your Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Data where there is no reasonable explanation for us to continue to hold it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to Profiling that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the Restriction of Processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Data about you.
- Request a Transfer of your Data in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to "Data Portability").
- Withdraw Consent in the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your Data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you to withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your information for the purpose you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is an appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
This right only applies to your own Data. When exercising this right, please be as specific as possible.
We will retain data for a period of five (5) years where an account is inactive. After this period all Data will be removed from our databases and servers. Transactional information will be held for a period of six (6) years.
Links to other Sites
We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your Data. Any Data that you volunteer to My Virtual Office, if retained, will be held on secure servers and will only be used to process a payment transaction, manage your account and to better our service offering.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your Data, and to protect it against accidental loss or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional securities as new technologies become available.
In the event that there is an interception or unauthorised access to your Data, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Data
Like most websites, we gather statistical and analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises of information that cannot be used to identify or contact you.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Disclosure of your Data
We consider your Data to be private and confidential. Your Data may be shared within My Virtual Office, for any of the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your Data to trusted third parties to complete and/or validate a payment transaction. We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your Data, in line with Irish and EU Data Protection Laws.
My Virtual Office, Unit 1, 77 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2